Have a great idea for an article and want to submit it to our blog? Send it our way!
We’re now accepting pitches (no full articles please) on the following topics:
- Themed European train itineraries (Examples: Game of Thrones itinerary and Beaches itinerary)
- Highlighting a lesser known but reachable-by-train destination (Examples: Rovaniemi and Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch – yes, this is a real place and not a typo)
- Day trips from popular cities by train (Examples: Mont St Michel from Paris and Day Trips from London)
- Coverage of special European events or holidays (Examples: Keukenhof and Oktoberfest)
Priority will be given to writers who can also promote the article via their social media channels. Photos are a bonus, however we also have photos we can add to the articles.
Articles should be between 500 – 800 words. Payment is 100 USD per article.
Our current audience is fairly young, mostly USA, and very interested in insider travel tips. Family-friendly content also does well, as does outdoor/adventure related content.
Please send us a pitch that includes
- The topic of your article
- Your time-frame for completing it
- A link to your writing portfolio, or example of previous work
We would love to be able to respond to (and accept) every pitch we receive, but at the moment we can only follow up with pitches we’d like to pursue. If you haven’t heard from us within a month, please feel free to send a different pitch on a different topic.
Please don’t send multiple e-mails following up on one pitch — if you haven’t heard from us in about a month, that’s your answer!
Please send your pitches to submissions [at] raileurope.com.