We did it! We launched our own Artist-in-Residence Program! And guys, it was good. Really good. Our 7-part video series documents the whole thing, but be warned — it will make you extremely jealous.
- Jack Callahan, US writer & photographer
- Sophie Hardcastle, Australian author & artist
- Jackie DesForges, Rail Europe’s Social Media Director
- Michael Fremaux, videographer extraordinaire
- (And special thanks to Maud at Rail Europe for all of her behind-the-scenes help with planning!)
- France (Paris, Avignon, Arles)
- Switzerland (Lucerne, Montreux, Mt Rigi, Mt Pilatus, GoldenPass Line, Chocolate Train)
- Artist-in-Residence Program: an inspiring week-long train trip to work on a creative project
- Brief summary of what we did:
- Toboganned down a Swiss mountain
- Walked in Van Gogh’s footsteps in Arles
- Watched the sunset from a palace in Avignon
- Rode on something called “The Dragon Ride” (you’ll see in Episode 4 — it’s majestic)
- Ate our weight in cheese and chocolate on The Chocolate Train (yes this is a real train)
- Rode the GoldenPass Line, which has consistently been deemed one of the most scenic train rides on earth
- We believe that trains are the most inspiring and authentic way to experience a new landscape, city, and culture. We know we’re biased, but — we think this video series will make it hard for you to disagree.
Stay tuned as we publish our full video series of the trip week by week! In next week’s episode: we fight jetlag with a couple of super literary and artsy adventures through Paris, and we begin our week-long cheese/chocolate/coffee/wine diet.