Rail Europe Eurail France Pass Facebook Quiz Sweepstakes – OFFICIAL RULES
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES WHO ARE 18 YEARS OR OLDER ON THE DATE OF ENTRY. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PRIZES ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE. ONE ENTRY PER PERSON. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION AND PERIOD: The Rail Europe Eurail France Quiz Sweepstakes (\”Sweepstakes\”) begins on August 21, 2017 at midnight EST and ends on September 1, 2017 at midnight EST (the \”Promotion Period\”). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Rail Europe North America Inc., (“Sponsor”). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Sweepstakes. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years or older on the date of entry (the \”Entrant\”). Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (the \”Promotion Entities\”), are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law. The transfer of a prize from an ineligible to an eligible person is prohibited. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Offer void where prohibited. IF AN ENTRANT DOES NOT MEET THE FOREGOING REQUIREMENTS OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THE ENTRANT IS NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD THE APPLICABLE PRIZE TO THE ENTRANT.
3. PRIZES: The prizes for winning entries (“prizes”) is as follows: Each of Two  winners will receive two  Eurail France First Class Passes good for four  days of travel within a one  month period. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Approximate retail value for each Prize is $294.00 USD. Sponsor will not provide airfare, accommodation, transportation, and other expenses of Winner. Winner and Guest will be responsible for any and all other expenses associated with the prize, e.g. spending money, meals, tips, acquiring a passport. Prize must be used within one (1) year from the date of issue of the prize certificate. Winner and Guest are subject to the rules of Eurail France.
Total ARV of each prize: $588.00 USD
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
Sponsor does not make, nor in any manner is responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prizes including but not limited to their quality, appearance, fitness for purpose, or condition. Any product and brand images are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies, which are not sponsors or affiliated with this Sweepstakes. Prizes will be deemed void if sold, transferred, auctioned or assigned to any third party.
This Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the United States and a prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within the United States. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
4. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary to enter or win. To enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period, an Entrant should complete the quiz about train travel in France and fill out the accompanying entry form, which can be found at Sponsor’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/raileuropena/ )
All requested information must be provided for an Entry to be valid. Each Entrant may only submit one entry. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries and entrants may be subject to verification by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Any attempt by Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void Entrant’s Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
5. WINNER SELECTION: The winner(s) of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period (“Winner(s)”). The random drawing will be conducted approximately two business days after the Promotion Period by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry approximately four weeks after the random drawing. Potential Winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Sponsor within five business days of notification. If a Prize is undeliverable to Winner or otherwise not claimed by Winner within such period, the Prize will be forfeited by Winner and awarded to subsequent randomly selected winners until the Prize is claimed. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or Winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account.
The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively \”the Prize Claim Documents\”). If Sponsor elects, a potential Prize Winner will be subject to a confidential background check following notice of his or her selection to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Sweepstakes will not bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sweepstakes or Sponsor, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The disclosure of any information which may bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sweepstakes or Sponsor or the potential Prize Winner’s refusal to cooperate in such background check may result in the disqualification of the entrant. No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
8. RELEASE: All Entrants hereby represent and warrant that they are the sole owner of the Entry and text submitted, that the submission of the Entry and text and Sponsor’s use of the Entry and text as permitted in these Official Rules will not infringe any intellectual property right held by a third party, and that they own or control all rights necessary to grant the rights granted herein, including a grant of all intellectual property and publicity rights from any and all persons in the Entry. All Entrants in this Sweepstakes and all other persons within the Entry hereby indemnify the Promotion Entities from and against any and all claims arising out of a breach of the foregoing warranty or out of use of the Entry or the text as set forth herein. All Entrants, and their designees, assignees and predecessors and successors in interest, by participating in the Sweepstakes, or by acceptance of the Prize, acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules and agree to release and hold the Promotion Entities, their affiliates, subsidiaries, and their respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives, and agents (“Releasees”) harmless from and against any claim or cause of action (and any associated costs, losses, or damages) arising in whole or in part out of participation in the Sweepstakes or the receipt, redemption or use of a Prize, including any death, injuries or damages of any kind sustained in connection with the use, acceptance, possession or awarding of any Prize (or any goods or services purchased using the Prize). Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Prize award procedures at its discretion.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY/FORCE MAJEURE: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any materials in the Sweepstakes.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total ARV as set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor and Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Sweepstakes.
10. SPONSOR: Rail Europe North America Inc, 333 Westchester Ave. – 2nd Floor West Building, Suite W2200, White Plains, NY 10604 – USA.
11. GENERAL. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of New York and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local law regulations. By entering, all entrants agree that this Sweepstakes is governed by laws of the state of New York for the resolution of all claims and disputes (excluding any claims against or disputes involving parties other than Sponsor relating to any Prize awarded in the Sweepstakes).
12. SOCIAL MEDIA: This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to Rail Europe, Inc. and not to any other party.