NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Eligibility: Rail Europe’s Thalys + Hockey Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is only open to permanent legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are currently physically located and residing therein, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry, and who possess a valid driver’s license. Entrants must also have a valid social security/insurance number. Employees of Thalys (“Sponsor”), Sweepstakes administrator (Rail Europe), their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of the Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, franchisees, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers, car dealership personnel, any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively “Sweepstakes Entities”) and/or members of their immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents) and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes Period: For all purposes of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor’s computer is the official clock and all times refer to Eastern Time (“ET”). The Sweepstakes period begins at 12:00:00 a.m. ET on March 6, 2017, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on March 24, 2017 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
- How to Enter: Entrants must visit one of the three sites participating in the giveaway:
Entrants must find the corresponding “giveaway” blog post on one of the aforementioned sites, and then Entrants must follow the instructions within the Rafflecopter widget that is present in each of these blog posts. The Rafflecopter widget contains one required entry: Entrants must answer a skill-related question. The widget also contains several options for extra entries. All of the entry options in the Rafflecopter widget will be the same across each of the three sites, so it is not necessary to enter the giveaway from all three sites. Entering from more than one site will not increase the Entrant’s chances of winning.
Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification and other conditions and requirements, as set forth below.
- Prize: One (1) prize will be awarded in this Sweepstakes. The prize is a trip to the Ice Hockey World Championships in Europe, which take place between May 5 and May 21, 2017. The prize trip has an ARV of 5000.00 USD and consists of the following:
– Two (2) roundtrip economy class flights from a major international Canadian airport to Paris, France
– Six (6) nights’ hotel stay. Three (3) hotel nights in Paris, three (3) hotel nights in Cologne. Hotels will have at least a 3-star rating. Winner will receive one (1) room booking per hotel, but multiple beds can be requested in the room.
– Two (2) round trip, first class Thalys tickets between Paris and Cologne. Time and date of train trips are subject to availability.
– Two (2) tickets to the Ice Hockey World Championships in Paris, France
Prize does not include:
- Food and beverages for the duration of the trip
- Extra charges at the hotels (mini bar, room upgrades, other fees acquired by the winner)
- Transport to/from airports
- Transportation within the cities
- Sightseeing activities
- Baggage fees
- Flight upgrades
- Fees for international cell phone plans or charges for the duration of the trip
- Any other extraneous charges not mentioned in the prize description above
Prize is not exchangeable for cash, gift certificates, credit, or any other monetary value. Prize is not transferable.
- Drawing: Potential winner will be randomly selected by the Rafflecopter widget at the end of the Sweepstakes period.
- Notification of Winner: Potential winner will be notified via e-mail by the Sweepstakes administrator (Rail Europe) at the email address provided with his/her Entry within approximately two (2) business days of the Drawing Date. Potential winner will have three (3) business days to respond to the email notification. If a potential winner does not respond within three (3) business days; is found to be ineligible; if he/she does not comply with these Official Rules; if his/her prize or prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Potential winner will be required to sign and return a Liability Release, a Publicity Release and any other documentation that Sponsor and/or the Sweepstakes administrator requires (collectively “Affidavit/Release”) within five (5) business days after receipt by the potential winner or such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner for such prize may be selected. By returning the completed Affidavit/Release, winner attests to the provisions stated therein including the accuracy of the information contained therein and compliance with these Official Rules. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with the prize, including any tax forms that the IRS may require from the winner.
- Disclaimers: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for Entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), in excess of the stated limit, or for Entries that are illegible, late, tampered with, forged, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, damaged, lost, misplaced, stolen, destroyed, mechanically duplicated and mass machine printed, postage-due, mutilated, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules and such Entries will be disqualified. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree and acknowledge that the Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) in connection with: participation in this Sweepstakes; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry Information; acceptance/possession, use/misuse, and/or defects of the prize(s) awarded herein; typographical errors in Sweepstakes promotional material; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or internet service provider utilized by Sweepstakes; interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes, the Website, or any online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer/mobile device and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of this Sweepstakes even if caused by the negligence of one of the Sweepstakes Entities. Entrants further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes, and hereby acknowledge that said Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty except for the express standard vehicle limited warranties provided solely by the car maker/dealership in the owner’s manual, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with a prize. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any injury, death, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused by or have contributed to (1) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of the prize supplier or any of its agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (2) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of Sponsor, or (3) any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of Sponsor or its parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
- This sweepstakes is sponsored by Thalys and administered by Rail Europe with the help of Rafflecopter.